Apple Pie Spice Mix
Apple pie spice is one of those spice blends you need to know. It’s pretty straightforward. To get to the taste you prefer, you can play around with the spices and where they are from (Thailand, Mexico, India, Myanmar, West Indies).
Apple Pie Spice
- spice grinder (if you buy your spices whole)
- storage container with a tight-fitting lid
- 4 tbsp cinnamon, Thai, ground Mexican cinnamon (Cassia) is a good substitute
- 1½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1½ tsp cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- ½ tsp allspice, ground
- Grind each spice(if not already ground) and mix. Store in a spice container fitted with a tight sealing lid.