Maui Style Acai Sunrise Bowl
This is a great cure if you feel run down in the morning and need something to perk you up for breakfast. I love the cold shock of this smoothie in the morning. The bee pollen has me working through the afternoon with renewed vigor, however, use caution if you have cardiovascular problems or are pregnant. Please check with your doctor before adding bee pollen to this smoothie.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 People
- 2 whole bananas frozen, peeled cut into chunks
- 1/2 cups organic strawberries frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks frozen
- 1/2 cup mango chunks frozen
- 1/3 cup açaí berry puree
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup homemade granola store bought works too
- 1/4 cup pineapple slices
- 1/2 whole sliced banana
- 1/4 cup fresh organic strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1 tsp bee pollen, unprocessed (optional)
- 1 tbs shredded coconut, unsweetened (optional)
Add the frozen strawberries, banana, pineapple, mango, açaí puree and almond milk to a blender.
Starting on low, mix the fruit and almond milk until smooth.
Blend until incorporated. Taste for sweetness.
Pour about 2 1/2 cups of the mixture into a bowl or pint glass.
Top with a layer of homemade granola and slices of fresh pineapple, mango, banana, strawberry, blueberry. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and top with a dusting of bee pollen.